Tuesday, May 12, 2009

TEXT #2

To read about the TEXT series at Ridge Church click HERE.
We are all reading same "texts" this week.

Tonight my wife and I read Psalm 119:9-16. You can read it HERE.

My big takeaway was from verse 14 = "I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches."(David used tons of words as synonyms for Scripture such as "statutes".)

That comes from one of the greatest men ever! He is so stoked about following God's Word that it's like he just won the lottery or found a pile of cash! That's pretty intense.

Do we treat following God's Word that way? Do we even read it to figure out how to follow it? My guess is that most of us are more concerned right now with "great riches." I hope I'm a man like David who is pumped about following God's Word above getting $ and stuff.

What's YOUR takeaway from this "TEXT"?

No comments: