Friday, August 20, 2010

I've got a vision to do something about this! (Africa) [repost]

(this is a repost from April 1st, 2009).

God's given me a vision & I've got to do something about these atrocities taking place in Africa that you'll read below.
& when I say "I've got to" I MEAN "I've got to!" I really don't think you can stop me. You can try... but there is an unstoppable and unquenchable passion in me to glorify God's awesome Name by FIXING THESE PROBLEMS!!!

In Africa...
  • Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
  • 50,000 children will die of AIDS this year
  • 1,400 newborn Africans are infected with AIDS every day
  • There are 900,000 orphans in Nairobi, Kenya alone today, mainly due to AIDS
  • More than 300 million people in sub-Saharan Africa live on less than $1 a day
  • Every 3 seconds a child dies of nutrition deprivation/starvation
  • More than 300 million people in Africa do not have access to clean water
  • 1 million children die of malaria each year (that's death by mosquito bite!)
  • millions of unreached people don't know how awesome Jesus is. They don't even know His name...
My vision is to see those stats go away. AIDS, poverty, disease, ALL OF IT to end! My vision is for a Revolutionary Jesus Movement (RJM I might call it, haha) to spring up across the region and in people groups. My vision is for an Unstoppable Church planting movement to spread across Africa until we can truly say there are no more unreached people groups in all of Sub-Saharan Africa! What a cool day that will be.
God will be famous.
I will probably be dead, but maybe not. Doesn't matter because it's not about me.

I'm going for the rest of my life to do something about this. Not sure when exactly it will be. Some days I feel like I can't wait another second.
God put a vision and a passion in me to let Him use me to change that continent... & sometimes I just can't help but talk about it. 

this is one of those times.

No comments: