Wednesday, February 13, 2008

20/20

Over the last few months I've been thinking a lot about what I want to see when I look back on my life. I am very aware that the things I do today will determine what I look back on in 50 years. I've got some crazy big dreams & goals, so I've got to be proactive today in order for them to be realized tomorrow. I know at the end of my life I will have 20/20 vision as I look back over all the choices I've made... but today I am able to do something about it.

In light of all my introspection [I'm allowed to use big words like that every once in a while] I want to share a small part of this song from my favorite band of all time [guess who... may they R.I.P.] with you all today. Read these words and let them sink in deep. Remember, hindsight is always 20/20, but today is the day to do something about it.

Did I make every moment count?
How much did I sit about?
Doin’ not the good I know to do?
What will I say when I’m faced with His glory,
The saints and the angels as I tell my story,
Will the works I’ve accomplished be worthy of heaven?
What will I think lookin’ back???
What was gold and what was dross?
What was gain and what was loss?
What will stand and what was fleeting?

And what will I change while my heart’s still beating?

20/20

No comments: