Sunday, June 29, 2008

what's in my iPod

most of the time live CDs produced by churches aren't all that great. It might be awesome at the worship gathering or the event it was recorded at, but when you pop in the CD it's just not the same. Well, I've found one that comes pretty close & it's been taking up a lot of airtime on my iPod the past 2 weeks...

North Point Live: Louder Than Creation
Pretty amazing CD & I recommend every one of you to buy it and add it to your worship collection.

You had to expect it to be pretty amazing though. I mean, it's not just any worship leaders they've got there! (Their 1st project wasn't half bad either. haha, no it's awesome.) These guys are unbelievable musicians and songwriters. Folk like Steve Fee & Kristian Stanfill (who have both graced the stage at the Passion '06 & '07 respectively). Fee has exploded out of nowhere in the last year to have his songs used in seemingly every church across the nation. + The other peeps "aren't bad" all having their own CDs too = Todd Fields (the guy Andy taught to be a worship leader), Chrystina Fincher (girl that can really rock), and Eddie Kirkland (of Passion podcasts back in the day & Charlotte One fame).

I've been rocking it at Starbucks a lot through my headphones while doing some work. It's really very, very well done. Pretty awesome stuff. A lot of Fee's stuff that are becoming staples in the church like All Because of Jesus, Happy Day, We Shine (that fun-loving, stadium rock like, sweat producing, anthem), and one of my all time favs - Burn For You. (Maybe more thoughts on that song later this week.)

+ there's some less familiar stuff you will love! Todd Fields has some brilliant stuff like Let Me Sing (the song the title of the project is derived from) & I'm really lovin' Breathe On Me & Salvation's Chorus. One of my favorite new songs is Kristian's Lord of All. I'm lovin' it...
"Your fire consumes them all because
There is NONE so high and holy
King of Kings the ONE and only
You are adored, You are the Lord of all"


Then of course the song that has been taking the Church by storm over the last few years is included on the CD - Mighty to Save.

Anyway, this is an awesome CD. Definitely the one I'm listening to most lately. I'm even prouder and more thankful to be in partnership with these guys. Go buy the CD... you won't regret it.

"Savior, He can move the mountains
Our God is MIGHTY TO SAVE
He is MIGHTY TO SAVE
Forever Author of salvation
He rose and CONQUERED THE GRAVE
Jesus CONQUERED THE GRAVE!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOUDER THAN CREATION!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Lord of All! We sang that at NB and mighty to save!!! ahh great!