Saturday, September 24, 2011

for pastors tomorrow

i was struck by a comment my friend Jared left on one of my posts earlier this week. the post was about humility & part of Jared's comment said...

If many pastors were honest the prayer at the end of the sermon would sound more like this:
"Dear God,
That rocked just now.  That must have been one of the best sermons I've taught in a while.  I mean, even I was a little surprised by how well that went. Thanks for making me so awesome and for everyone getting to hear that.
In my name I pray,
The Pastor" 

whoa. i think that's a great comment to read on a Saturday night. may it be very different tomorrow morning all over the world.
we must be desperately humble. we are nothing without God's power. 
i get to speak a couple times tomorrow in a couple different environments. it will suck big time without God.
so, i just hope i can get out the way and let Him do whatever He wants to do.

No comments: