Monday, March 21, 2011

what do YOU care about?

(This was originally posted on January 29, 2009.)

I sat down to read Proverbs 29 today after stuffing myself at the Penguin with a Big Block burger & some fried pickles. (You can read my thoughts about reading Proverbs HERE.)

1 sentence STILL will not let me go & hopefully it will do the same to you:

"The righteous care about justice for the poor, BUT the wicked have no such concern." - Proverbs 29:7

Whoa. This theme runs throughout Scripture. You can pretty much separate righteous people from wicked people based on their relationship to the poor (sounds like a story Jesus told in Matthew 25). Pretty crystal clear. plain and simple.

So, what do you care about? Justice for the poor? Or do you have "NO SUCH CONCERN"???

1 comment:

Jammanbo22 said...

I remember i was so happy when i was poor. dont mean hardcore poor like those kids. doesnt mean that i'm rich now but once my family went through hard times and that time was really special. i was taught the true meaning of happiness and now i look at myself and think 10~30% of my concerns relate to materialistic thoughts. It was zero like a year ago. interesting article, i should read over ur articles sometime soon