Sunday, March 30, 2008

ridge went kinetic (video & pics)

If you haven't read this post about Ridge uniting with Kinetic Church on Easter then read it now to catch up. You can also read it from the perspective of our lead pastor Chris or their lead pastor Dave.

Here is a very short, 3 minute video that Rusty made from the day. Click below and check it out!

Also, Christian Church Today somehow picked up the story (and currently there's a picture of my ugly mug on the front page of their website). Anyway, you can read the short article they wrote here.

Not only did Rusty (our SPD) make that sweet video above, but he & Adam (our administrative pastor) jumped into Upstreet & worked the production! To me that is freakin' awesome! To see the Big Whigs on a church staff jumping into a children's environment to make it rock. Just another small reason that made the day all around feel like Jesus had a BIG smile on His face.

I definitely learned from this experience that it's time for the Church to stop messing around and talking about doing something... but actually DO SOMETHING.

(My friend Matt was running the LED lights in Upstreet and sent me some of these pics I'll post below from the day. Enjoy.)
























3 comments:

dubbe said...

Wow, I'm blown away for many reasons...
One, by the positive and forgiving attitude Dave displayed in his documentary. [I can only imagine what I'd be thinking/saying at a time like that.]
Two, by the flexibility and love that Chris and his congregation showed at a time like this. [Isn't it sad how we get stuck in our ruts and are so set in our ways sometimes. I'm embarrassed that I worry over petty sound and video issues, and forget that there are others are without a sound system at all.]
Patrick, thanks for posting this and helping remind others what it's all about. It was truly refreshing!

Anonymous said...

Yo bro,

Just wanted to let you know that I too believe that Jesus had a HUGE smile on his face at the fact that the church was being the church.

His Continued Blessings on your ministry,

Timothy L. Decker said...

Patrick, I don't know if you remember me from Northside (I just remebered we are friends on facebook so n/m). I am just letting you know that I saw your blog and look forward to checking in on you frequently. This would have been an email, but this will have to do I guess. How do you like GCTS? What are you studying? Check out my blog if you get the chance. It might be something you are interested in if you like discussing theology. It is www.debatingtheologicalissues.blogspot.com. Take care bro.