Wednesday, March 26, 2008

ridge went kinetic

"By this everyone will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another." - Jesus (John 13:35)


This weekend I got to be involved with one of the coolest things I've seen in a really long time! I'm still stoked!!!

Here's the short story:
Kinetic is a rockin' church that started not too long ago and currently gathers in the movie theaters at Concord Mills here in Charlotte. A couple weeks ago they showed up on a Sunday & somebody had stolen 2 of their trailers with most of their "stuff" in them. Now, if you've never been a part of a church plant or "load in" church then that might not sound like a big deal. But, when you're renting a facility to worship in you store ALL your stuff in trailers or cases, etc... So, when Kinetic's gear got stolen, you know their 1st thought had to be "oh crap."

Their lead pastor, Dave Milam, posted a video about the robbery here on his blog.

So our lead pastor, Chris, talked to us about uniting with Kinetic for Easter Sunday morning & taking Upstreet on the road. We were all about it. My 1st thought was "THIS is what the Church is supposed to be all about." Honestly, we (the Church) should be doing stuff like this all the time. Chris told us that his overwhelming thought was about the verse above... John 13:35. It seems like the Church talks A LOT about loving our brothers & UNITY, but I don't see much of it. I was immediately SO flippin' STOKED to be a part of a church that had a chance to genuinely show LOVE, bless, and unify with another church in our own community.

So, @ 7:30am Sunday morning a ton of Ridge volunteers were unloading our gear at Concord Mills to gather with Kinetic. We took Upstreet on the road & it was pimp. We did a full production with the awesome kids at Kinetic. Chris said the vibe in the adult worship was really cool. The Kinetic peeps were great to serve with. Dave thanked us about a hundred times for coming. & the whole time I thought that God must be going "THAT'S what I'm talking about. That's what I want My people to be about... love, unity..."

Check out Dave's post about Ridge going Kinetic here & then his thoughts after our united worship gathering & LOTS of pics of Upstreet here.





Read Chris' recap of the day here & his thoughts before Sunday here.

It was a really exciting & electric day. Most of all it felt awesome to be doing the 1 thing that Jesus said we needed to do for the world to know we are Jesus followers = the church loving the church.

3 comments:

the burchard bunch said...

Great post Patrick! It WAS an awesome day and I felt so lucky to be a part of it! You and Lauren did a fantastic job of pulling it all together :) Ridge rocks!!

musicman said...

I love it! Imagine how the gospel would spread if Christians actually loved each other like this all the time.

Erin & Gary said...

Hi, Patrick! My husband & I are *finally* going to visit Ridge tomorrow. Look forward to it! (PS - I think you know my family! The Pier family)