Saturday, March 8, 2008

Tarheels & prophecy

i'm not really sure if i have the spiritual gift of prophecy... but after tonight we may all be 1 step closer to finding out for sure.

Carolina plays Duke again tonight. In an earlier post I firmly stated that this is probably the #2 rivalry in all of sports (behind the best team in the world NY Yankees & Satan's team... the Red Sox). You can read it here. The 2 sqare off tonight at Duke tied for #1 in the ACC. Tonight's game decides the regular season conference champion.

I don't think it's a coincidence that I was born the same year that Michael Jordan hit "the shot" as a Freshman to give Carolina the national championship. Maybe that adds something to the prophecy I'm about to make? Ever since, I've been a Tarheel fan bleeding Carolina blue.

The odds are against us tonight. Playing in the house of the Cameron Crazies. Lawson's probably not full strength. all the College Gameday guys (except Hubert Davis, of course a Carolina Alum) picked Duke to win it. But remember, the Gameday guys don't have the gift of prophecy.

Here at Renown, for the whole world to read... (or at least the 37 of you who read it) I'm predicting a Carolina victory tonight AT Duke to secure the ACC regular season championship. (Oh, & I almost forgot... we're #1 in the nation all you Blue Devils!)

What do you guys think? All the Carolina fans are hoping that somehow I have the gift of prophecy. I'll talk with all you Duke fans tomorrow... as you are mourning - REVENGE IS SWEET!

3 comments:

EZ said...

Patrick,

Did you get struck by lighting? Though I'm now a Hokie fan I do believe Duke will win this one...Peace In

Kim said...

You may be a prophet - but you are absolutely predictable!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude,

What are the Power Ball numbers??? Nice Call...