Thursday, October 2, 2008

1 more funny quote (a political conversation)

I've got add this as a followup to my "Quotes of the Week" that I posted on Tuesday. I just thought this one deserved its very own post!

Ok, this should make you laugh. It made me laugh and made me feel better about my political ignorance... One of my best friends Ethan was here in Charlotte last weekend & we hung out & grabbed some lunch at The Fox and the Hound. We were watching some football & eating some wings & philly cheese steak when a commercial for either Obama or McCain (can't remember which) came on the massive screens...

Me:   "So, Ethan, who you gonna vote for? Or are you gonna vote?"
Ethan: "I'm not sure yet. I still want to find out what all the other candidates say about the issues."
Me: "What other candidates?"
Ethan: "You know, all the other guys besides the main 2, Obama & McCain. I want to learn what they're about before I vote."
Me: "Dude, there's only 2."
Ethan: "I know there's only 2 big name guys, but I want to give all those other guys who are running for president a fair shake."
Me: "There are no other guys. They're the only 2!"
Ethan: "So you're telling me that when I go to the polls to vote in November that there will only be 2 guys to vote for?"
Me: "YES."

Now I don't feel so bad about my lack of political knowledge.

4 comments:

Jim Dahlke said...

That is awesome!

hassanpour said...

just so you know, patrick. i just voted and had the option of voting for 6 or 7 different tickets... not just two...

looks like your boy, ethan wasnt so wrong after all haha

patrick mitchell said...

dude, i voted today too & there were only 3 guys to choose from - the big 2 & some joker named bob barr. but honestly there were only 2 dudes running - everyone agrees on that. 2 guys in the debates and everything... just 2 peeps running.
we could have all written your name in technically as a 3rd candidate :) that would be fun. kris h. for pres baby!

patrick mitchell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.