Monday, November 17, 2008

1st ever junky car club RALLY (+ new website)

This is one of my favorite things ever! I wrote about the Junky Car Club as my 4th post ever here on renown!!! The Junky Car Club is the first organization I ever wrote about and it is still one of my favorites almost 1 year later. I am proud to say that I was one of the 150 original members of the club & I'm so proud of these guys for what they're doing.

So, to catch up on the Junky Car Club (JCC) just read my post on it HERE. & please, please, please go JOIN (do whatever you have to in order to make it happen!) I've been privileged to have small and big influences with several of my friends joining the JCC over the past year through talking with them and my previous posts. (My most recent friend who joined a few weeks ago is quickly selling his soul to this "Live with Less so we can give MORE" revolution & you should check out his new blog over @ Equal Sacrifice... I'm sure he'll share his story soon... now we've just gotta get my pastor to join because he certainly qualifies!)

Basically the JCC is a polite rebellion of revolutionaries who want to "live with less so they can give more." We drive junky cars so we don't have to have a car payment & we give the $ we would be spending on the car payment to kids in poverty (through Compassion) or other charitable causes to help people! Because in the end... do you really care if you drive to work in a Mercedes or my piece of crap Caddy? Especially if you could drive the Caddy and make sure a kid in Kenya gets clean water tomorrow? That's an easy decision... so seriously, join today!

We (JCC members) are all about JUNK PRIDE... they explain it better then I could =
"We practice the philosophy of JUNK PRIDE at this club. We are excited and enthusiastic about driving junky cars. While some may feel embarassed, ashamed or self concious about their beater, our club members drive with pride. It's cool to be uncool.
While consumeristic culture promotes the new and the shiny, we exalt the ugly and the dented. We could care less about the brands and the latest models. Our lives and self worth are defined by what we do, and not what we drive.
It's called JUNK PRIDE. We promote it and we live it."

Go to their brand new website HERE. You can join, check out the BLOG, watch some sweet JCC videos, read about smart consumerism, and buy a JCC calendar!

Anyway, I'm SUPER STOKED about the 1st ever Junky Car Club RALLY & if I didn't live on the flippin' East Coast I would be there! It's in LA of course... which is where the JCC founder lives. <Mike Foster (JCC founder) is one of my heroes. He also founded XXXChurch, Ethur, and Deadly Viper which I've written about HERE and HERE.>
The Rally is going to be PIMP and will focus on helping those families who are facing mobile homelessness (homeless but living in their cars). There's gonna be a weenie roast, beater car competitions, a festival of the clunkers, Junky makeovers, and free Junk Pride tees for everyone.

Of course one of my other heroes is Dave Ramsey. I've written about him before... I watch his TV show almost every day (yes I'm a nerd) & he had Mike Foster on his show a couple months ago! how cool is that!??? enjoy the clip from the show below... Mike tells you about the JCC way better than I ever could. Enjoy...



So, are you a JCC member? are you about to be? What awesome things could you do if you didn't have that stupid car payment? TELL ME ABOUT IT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude - thanks for the shout out and for living out loud! We should totally change the oil, air up the tires and head for SOCAL!

(I don't think the cars would make it though...)

Keep it coming! JCC RULES!!!