Wednesday, November 5, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILLY GRAHAM!!!

Yep, it's Billy Graham's birthday on Friday! That's November 7th. How old do you think he will be? 90 years old! That's a lot of years old. So, definitely a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Billy Graham.

So, why didn't I write this on Friday? Well, he has a birthday wish and I thought I would tell you all about it early in case you can contribute. His son Franklin has put together a website = billygraham90.org
At Catalyst last month Franklin asked specifically for everyone who had been saved under Billy's ministry or called to ministry through his ministry or experienced some other life changing event directly or indirectly through the ministry of Billy Graham to go to this website and write Billy a message!

They are going to use all these messages at Billy's 90th birthday party (& I bet that will be a crazy cool paaartay!) Anyway, Franklin says that Billy will read them all & actually respond to each one personally. Don't give me that look - that's what he said. He said he may not be able to type them all because he's pretty old and all but he'll tell someone what to write & at least hit the "send" button.

Originally Billy Graham was slated to speak @ Catalyst this year. I was pumped. I've never heard him live and I wanted the chance to! looks like I never will have that chance now because he got too sick to come to Catalyst. Franklin spoke on his behalf and accepted the lifetime acheivement award for him.

I KNOW that you've all heard of Billy Graham... here's some cool stuff about him.
-  He has preached the gospel to more people in live audiences than anyone else in history--215 million people!!! (in more than 185 countries).
-  Hundreds of millions more have been reached through TV, webcasts, etc...
-  He lives right here in NC! (and he even started the seminary I attend along with Harold J. Ockenga)

(I wanted to post the video on here they used when they gave Billy the lifetime acheivement award at Catalyst but I can't find it anywhere... it was pretty awesome. Especially the clips from when he preached in South Africa in '73... I guess I'll save those amazing quotes for another blog. For now you can check out the b-day video below.)

So, for real - if you've been affected by Billy Graham's ministry, click HERE and tell him about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI, my little girl shares her b-day with Billy.
EZ