Tuesday, October 4, 2011

the F word

so i got an email from Bono today.

yeah. Bono. and it was an email about the F word.

when you get an email from Bono, you open it... Plus when anyone sends an email about the F word... you open it.

here's some of what he had to say:
Dear Patrick,

I've been known to drop the occasional expletive, but the most offensive F word to me is not the one that goes f***.  It's F***** - the famine happening in the Horn of Africa, mainly Somalia.

I hope you'll take a few minutes to watch ONE's new video "The F Word: Famine is the Real Obscenity" and in doing so sign the petition:



i don't know about you, but i'm not cool living in a world where 30,000 kids can die in 3 months.
because they don't have food.

YOU can sign the petition HERE.

i've been a part of the ONE campaign since 2006. love them. love what they're doing. they email me a few times a week, send me texts, send me petitions to sign, call me up and link me to call my senator or representative's office... and i jump onto the NC region conference calls for the ONE campaign.

ONE was actually the 1st organization to be linked on the right side of this very blog when it began years ago.

Check these guys out. be a part of it. join the movement to make poverty history.

because it's an obscenity.

1 comment:

Emily Grace Little said...

Great post - thanks, Patrick!