Tuesday, January 24, 2012

call me an idealist

people call me an idealist.

it's a negative statement (kind of like too passionate) and sometimes gets lumped with other words to describe me like naive.

but go ahead and call me an idealist. i take it as a compliment.
i think idealism is only a negative if it is just talk. no action with it. because talk is cheap.

i agree with Bono:
“Idealism detached from action is just a dream. But idealism allied with pragmatism, with rolling up your sleeves and making the world bend a bit, is very strong, very real, and very present.”

yep. i'm an idealistic pragmatic. i've been called both in a negative tone, but that's OK with me. i want to spend my life rolling up my sleeves and making the world bend a bit.

i want to spend my life seeing things in the world that bother me (should bother all of us) and be the voice that says "we do not have to stand for this."

and if that's idealistic then so be it.

we'll see what has happened 3 generations from now. then we can judge whether or not i was just a naive idealist.

i believe we can change the world. i believe we do not have to stand for this.

No comments: