i've been picking out my Favs & you can read part 1 & my setup HERE & part 2 HERE.
& here we go... the final portion of my favorite Rules for Dads of Daughters:
36. Few things in life are more comforting to a crying little girl than her father’s hand. Never forget this.
[works like a charm]
37. Introduce her to the swings at your local park. She’ll squeal for you to push her higher and faster. Her definition of “higher and faster” is probably not the same as yours. Keep that in mind.
38. When she’s a bit older, your definition of higher and faster will be a lot closer to hers. When that day comes, go ahead… give it all you’ve got.
41. Take it easy on the presents for her birthday and Christmas. Instead, give her the gift of experiences you can share together.
[i am definitely all about this! spend less. give more.]
42. Let her know she can always come home. No matter what.
[yes. no matter what, Keira. no matter what you've done or how long it's been. you are ALWAYS welcome home. and absolutely nothing could ever change that.]
43. Remember, just like a butterfly, she too will spread her wings and fly some day. Enjoy her caterpillar years.
[definitely enjoying with everything i've got!]
44. Write her a handwritten letter every year on her birthday. Give them to her when she goes off to college, becomes a mother herself, or when you think she needs them most.
[i absolutely LOVE this idea & i think i'm gonna do it!]
47. When your teenage daughter is upset, learning when to engage and when to back off will add years to YOUR life. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
50. Today she’s walking down the driveway to get on the school bus. Tomorrow she’s going off to college. Don’t blink.
[trying to keep my eyes WIDE open.]