Wednesday, July 30, 2008

BigStuf (day 2)

Ridge is still representin' & rockin' it strong here at BigStuf!

Tuesday morning Francis Chan talked about the 1st thing he thought of when Lanny asked him to give a talk as if it were the ONE THING he could say to students... like it was the last chance he would ever have to talk to them. He gave a stunning description of GOD... what God looks like, who God is, etc... He said no one ever told him that stuff & it changed everything when he realized who God was. It was a pretty thrilling description & perfect timing because of the crazy storms they have here in Daytona. Beach time got cut off today (Wednesday) because the cops kicked everyone off the beach because of a huge storm. Yesterday (Tuesday) lightning struck the ocean right outside our hotel! I wish I had a picture of that. Anyway, Francis was telling us that's a glimpse of what it's like around God's throne... pretty awesome. Plus he had the crowd rolling (especially the 8th grade girls who seem to giggle at the drop of a hat at camp...) at his stories of vacuum selling in college and pretending to speak no English, etc...

From a selfish perspective - the coolest part of the day for me was a leadership training with MR. Children's & Student Ministry himself = Reggie Joiner. It was straight PIMP. but that's for another time. VERY soon I'm going to post my thoughts and takeaways from these trainings! I think Reggie is a strategic genius. Lots of thoughts to share on a later blog.

Worship during the night session (Tuesday) was pretty amazing. Fee does as great a job leading students as he does with adults. pretty intense. Jared Herd gave us his "one thing" last night = falling in love with Jesus.
Last night in our group time we talked about our thoughts on the sessions & then played some B.S. + "SUGAR" = our own made-up-on-the-spot version of "Spoons". I was the winner on that one.
Caitlin & Ember engaged in some late night long pillow fighting/jousting (like on American Gladiators) - no idea they were caught on camera! haha.
Then I taught the guys how to play BOCCE in the hall even later last night. good times. they were looking forward to playing on the beach today, but the storm killed it. they're hoping for tomorrow?

At some point Hunter, Bailey, and I made a low budget, independent movie titled "Ungetoffable" using iMovie... I'm debating on whether or not to post it. They're hoping I do. we'll see. Ok, gotta head to dinner. Update you guys on today's stuff tonight hopefully, unless we get caught up in another late night BOCCE tourney. peace til then...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to be at camp with you, I love that place! Those are some of my favorite memories from that time in my life. It is such a blessing to get to experience "camp" with such a cool group of students! One question, do you always sit in order of hair color??