Saturday, December 20, 2008

funny story

so do you all remember the Friends episode where Phoebe's smoke detector starts beeping uncontrollably? She tried everything - changing the battery, wearing ear muffs, beating it to death, throwing it down the trash chute, etc.. etc... BUT no matter what it kept beeping and driving her crazy!

That has been our lives for the past 3 weeks or so! It was driving us so crazy we just wanted to scream!!! I went out and bought brand new batteries, took it apart, googled what to do to make it stop beeping... everything. It's been beeping so long now that we've gotten used to it & kind of don't notice it anymore. Seriously... stopped hearing it a little. (It's not a constant beep btw, just every couple minutes.)

So, today I was determined to stop it from beeping. I was up on a chair with my face right next to it and... "it" beeped! BUT... the beep seemed a little more distant than the exact proximity of my face. I was like... hmmm?
I waited a couple minutes for it to beep again. ... ...

It was NOT in fact the smoke detector, but the carbon monoxide detector that was about 2 feet away on a shelf!!! My wife actually figured that out. We thought it was the smoke detector the whole time, but it was the hidden CO detector.

that's pretty insane and I'm sure there are like  a hundred spiritual analogies, but for now... crazy ironic! I thought you all might get a chuckle out of it.

No comments: