Wednesday, December 24, 2008

happy last day of advent

advent is finally coming to a close today. It has been an awesome month for me... tracking in the Book of Daily Prayer I wrote about HERE. I'm sensing crazy anticipation about the coming of Jesus. pretty sweet. very spiritual.

*Anyway, advent may be ending, but there's still time for YOU to get in on the Advent Conspiracy. Catch up on it HERE if you're behind.

In Upstreet we had our own advent conspiracy! Kids from kindergarten - 5th grade politely (and not so politely) rebelled against their culture of wanting more & more stuff! They sacrificed their excesses to help someone who is poor and in need, just like Jesus told us to do with our stuff.
I'm really excited to tell you all more about it after Christmas, but for now I'm proud to have you meet the boy whose life they are changing = Eric Base Kiria from Kenya. He'll get a proper intro in a later blog coming up.

Enjoy your last night of advent...

No comments: