Thursday, December 11, 2008

sixsteps article in Christianity Today

I won't hesitate to say that the Passion Movement changed my life! Starting back in 2003 when I started getting immersed in it. Like I've said a lot and even in yesterday's post, I owe a great debt to Louie Giglio. The movement he leads revolutionized my soul. 

And Passion's label has revolutionized the Church's worship. I was fortunate enough to track with these guys back in the early 2000s, right after Sixsteps started. Then in '04 I got the amazing privilege to be a Rep for Sixsteps records... the most awesome record label of all time. Led by Louie & with only 4 artists! Why the name "sixsteps"? Glad you asked! Check out the story surrounding 2 Samuel 6:13. That's where Louie named his label from. David and the peeps were so enthralled with God's glory that they stopped EVERY SIX STEPS TO WORSHIP. Pretty cool thing to be known by.
It was pretty cool back in those 04/05 days when I started as a rep... NOBODY knew these guys with sixsteps records. Some peeps knew some of their songs because they sang them in church, but no one knew their names.

Oh, by the way, the 4 artists are = David Crowder Band, Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, and Charlie Hall. So, of course now EVERYONE knows these guys. Crazy...

[Honestly, in this millenium, pretty much all worship sung in churches has been written by one of these sixsteps guys OR Hillsong, Delirious, and now some NPCC guys (Fee, Stanfill, etc...) No doubt you'll sing a mixture of these peeps' songs on Sunday.]

So, I just wanted to point everyone to a somewhat recent Christianity Today article highlighting Sixsteps Records. They don't get a lot of hype or press which is totally cool with them... they're all about spreading God's fame, not their own. But I thought the CT article was a cool highlight of this awesome label.

You can read the article HERE. [Christianity Today is a great mag by the way, that I've subscribed to for years... it's my 2nd fav to this mag. I've also got a subscription to CT Library which gives me all access to every issue EVER of Christianity Today, re:generation, Leadership, Christian History, Books & Culture, and Leadership books... WOW, that's a mouthful & a lot to keep up with. But pimp resources right at my fingertips. check it out.]

Enough with my ADD...
Last year there was also an article with Passion actually on the COVER of CT. You can read that article HERE. Good stuff about a movement that CHANGED MY LIFE dramatically since I was 20... and has since gone GLOBAL.

There's still an almost-complete blog in my drafts that's a review of Tomlin's Hello Love album that I got back on 9/2. Whoa... way behind. anyway, I'm going to post it this weekend. Maybe it will be better served now that you have some background on the the label
I've already written reviews of Crowder & Charlie Hall HERE & HERE. Redman hasn't released a new one since Beautiful News which was before I started this blog.

Still representin' boys...

No comments: