Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chick-Fil-A, Ridge, Satan, & a broken nose

The past 2 weeks I have blogged much less than usual. That wasn't my plan, I've just been busy. Now my plan is to be back with a vengeance and writing a lot again.

Part of the blogging delay was because I broke my nose Saturday at an Upstreet event you can read about here! (The kids at Ridge are pretty hardcore!) Because of the broken nose, I currently can't breathe out of my nose. And I have to wait a week and then go back to the doctor so they can break it back into place! definitely not looking forward to that.

I read Jeff Henderson's blog a lot and I love following him no Twitter because he's such a great leader! He's the campus director of Buckhead Church in Atlanta, one of our Strategic Partners. Buckhead Church (not to be confused with Buckhead Saloon here in Charlotte) is a campus of North Point which is basically like our "parent church" that "birthed" us. We are modeled after North Point and Buckhead, so our organization functions very much like theirs. It's the greatest organization I've ever been a part of.

I think you should read one of Jeff's most recent posts. It's pretty awesome! You can read it HERE. He is basically talking about the similarities between North Point ministries and Chick-Fil-A (where Jeff used to be a "big whig" before going to work at Buckhead).
Here's the 1st part of the blog just to make you want to read it:

"Six years ago today, I walked away from the marketing department of Chick-fil-A, Inc. and joined Buckhead Church and North Point Ministries. Since that time, one of the most frequent questions I am asked is, “What is the biggest difference between working at Chick-fil-A and North Point?”

I work on Sundays,” is my usual response.

What’s interesting though, is that there are more similarities than differences between the two organizations..."

Right on Jeff! I love working for Ridge Church and Jeff mentions 7 of the many reasons why it's great to work for an organization like this in his post!

*Also! Tonight, make sure you watch (or record like me) Nightline on ABC. You've probably already heard about it, but in case you haven't = they're having Mark Driscoll (no secret I'm a big fan) on there. (He's been on national TV like 5 times over the past 2 months!) They're having a debate on Evil & Satan... Debating Driscoll are Deepak Chopra and some seemingly weird dude I've never heard of from Tulsa.

*Plus on Driscoll's team is a lady named Annie Lobert who leads a ministry called "Hookers for Jesus". A year or so ago she started following me on Twitter and her screen name is "hookers for Jesus", so I saw it and was like "what in the world?" Then my wife saw it and she was like "who is this chick following you on Twitter??!!" (haha, probably looked weird)
I researched her ministry and it's actually really awesome! You can check it out HERE. Annie is a former Las Vegas "hooker" whose life was radically changed and she now is committed to FOREVER ENDING the human sex trafficking trade along with helping girls out of the business she used to be in! Crazy awesome when I saw she was going to be in the mix for this debate!

It's gonna be so awesome to see her and Driscoll team up tonight! I'm pretty stoked!

It's a "Face Off" debate... and you can actually watch it early HERE if you think you'll miss it on Nightline tonight or you just can't wait. ENJOY!

No comments: