Monday, March 23, 2009

kid venture!!!

I have the coolest job in the world.

This weekend was an awesome Upstreet event called "Kid Venture". It's simply a chance for kids to CONNECT relationally and in FUN ways with their small group leaders OUTSIDE of a Sunday morning. It's all about fun and building the relationships between kids & their small group leaders.

It was a hugely successful event! Mainly because of the AMAZING leaders in Upstreet @ Ridge Church! They are the coolest & most awesome peeps ever!!! I'm so STOKED & humbled to be on the team with them. THEY are a big reason that I have the coolest job in the world.
Every week we partner together to change the world by revolutionizing the lives of this group of kids. God is doing amazing stuff... we're happy to be along for the ride.

Like I said, this event was all about FUN & building relationships... so we figured, what's better than bouncing around for a few hours @ Pump It Up (inflatable party place) where we can all have some crazy fun? Unfortunately in the 1st 15 minutes or so I broke my nose on a kid's head! haha... fortunately no kids were injured in the whole event. I got the bleeding stopped after 10 minutes or so and went back to jumping around with everyone.

Anyway, here are just a few pics from Kid Venture. But if you're hungry for more I've got a whole album posted on facebook. You can see all the tons of crazy pics HERE.



















below - me & Rusty brought the gloves out... can't remember what the disagreement was about? Chris always tells us to keep staff disagreements in the office, but I guess we just couldn't hold it anymore!








2 below - you see what the kids are doing to Clark (the curly red-haired guy) there in the pic on the left? That pretty much happened to all us adults for 2 hours. SO... the last pic on the right should make A LOT more sense! That was what we all looked like at the end of the day...

No comments: