Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Driscoll deleted from Facebook!

I just saw @PastorMark's latest Tweet & it simply says - "Removed from Facebook". I was like WHAT? So, I clicked the link.

Over at The Resurgence, they wrote a short blog about it which you can read HERE. This is a short snippet from the post:
"In recent years, Facebook has become a great way for me to connect with folks from all over the world. This week, without warning or explanation, my Facebook page was removed by their team. So when we figure out what is going on, we will let you know..."

I remember that Driscoll was actually one of my very first friends on Facebook. I thought it was very gracious of him to accept me even though we had only met 1 time ever & I was shocked that he would remember me. But later I found out I think he was just accepting everyone because he quickly passed the 5,000 friend barrier!
*You didn't know that? Yeah, you're not allowed to have more than 5,000 friends on Facebook! [Funny thing is that my own Dad is almost there! He's at 4K! AND, today is his birthday also, so quick shout out to my awesome Dad! Happy B-day!!! He's like 40 or something, haha.]
So, he had to open a Fan Page. Then everyone started becoming a fan of Mark Driscoll.

Apparently that Fan Page is what Facebook deleted. I think he said there were like 35K peeps on it! Crazy.

I'm sure there are already tons of theories floating around about it. My guess is that the Southern Baptists finally took over the world & their 1st order of business was to exterminate Mark Driscoll... haha!
(You can read why I think that HERE.) Maybe next on the list for them will be Satan or somebody like that?

No comments: