Thursday, October 15, 2009

blog action day '09



This is a little break from my Catalyst thoughts. I signed up with these folk at Blog Action Day long ago and today is the day.

Last year it was all about poverty and I was all about that. This past summer it was about social good & I blogged a BIG one HERE.

But today is about climate change & that just doesn't get me going like that other stuff. I'll be totally honest, I really don't know jack about it! I hear about global warming and all that stuff, but I just don't know much and I don't have any time to research it.

I have friends who say it's all a load of crap and the climate is not really changing and people are making it up. Other people say it is the most dangerous thing in the world & they have that awesome movie The Day After Tomorrow to back them up!
*I tend to think it's actually somewhere in the middle of those 2 extremes. Just not sure where. I can't really imagine world leaders making up something like this just for fun & I can't imagine NYC being under water tomorrow from the polar ice caps melting either.

One thing I do know is that no matter how serious climate change is it's not as big a deal as people living in poverty, people dying without clean water, and people who NEED TO KNOW JESUS!

I feel like I may have let the people behind the movement down because I'm not writing a big emotional piece to support stopping global warming! sorry guys. If it really does drastically affect the poor and our global health, etc... then I'm all about us stopping it. I'm just not yet convinced. Next year I hope Blog Action Day is all about loving the poor or providing clean water or stopping malaria or something like that...

So since I'm somewhat ignorant on this topic, I would love for YOU to tell me more about it. I don't feel like I have all that much time to research it, but I would love to learn from your educated opinions.
What are YOUR thoughts?

(Catalyst posts are back tomorrow!)

No comments: