Thursday, June 19, 2008

kg & passion

I have always loved Kevin Garnett. Ever since he came to the NBA from his high school in Chicago I have loved watching him play.

I love Kevin Garnett because he is a true basketball junkie and he is full of passion. I love watching people full of passion. I have always thought KG is the most passionate man in the NBA and I've always wanted him to win a championship. I've always thought he kind of deserves it.
I remember cheering for him back in '04 when he got so close but his Wolves went down to Shaq, Kobe, and the Lakers in the Western Finals. I didn't give a rip about Minnesota, but KG's passion sucked me in from day 1 and I wanted him to win. It would be storybook.

Last summer when I heard The Big Ticket went to the Celtics and he would be on a seemingly unbeatable team - a big smile came to my face. I remember thinking, "finally, this is his chance." I couldn't imagine anyone beating this team. I've never been a Celtics fan either. But KG is one of my fav players ever to watch so I hoped all along that they would win it all this year.

No doubt his passion changed that team. He's a little crazy, but oh so passionate. I love it. I loved watching him for like an hour after game 6 was over the other night. Just watching all that passion overflow into celebration. Finally it had an outlet. To us peeps who don't totally get the passion boiling over inside of him, it looks a little crazy, weird, unintelligible, maybe extreme. But for him, his passion finally culminated in victory.

So, congrats to KG - your passion finally paid off.

No comments: