Tuesday, April 22, 2008

movie week at renown

this week on renown I am going to reveal the "official" (according to Patrick) top 10 greatest movies of all time. I would love to hear your thoughts! Weigh in with which movies you think should have been left off my list and definitely tell me which movies would make your top 10 list! Maybe Crystal and I will rent one for date night on Friday. In fact, it would be great to find a few top 10 lists of yours in the comments section this week! We'll see how the lists compare to mine as I share 6-10 tomorrow & 1-5 after that. But for now, here are a few that almost made the cut.

Honorable Mention:

1 Identity (2003) - This is an amazing thriller that barely got edged off my top 10 list to #11 basically. 10 "strangers" randomly get stranded at a hotel on a stormy night and I can't say anymore because it will spoil it if you haven't seen it. The ending is amazing and will leave your jaw hanging open, your head shaking, and your mouth repeating "no way!?!?!?" for weeks. you won't believe it; it will blow your mind. Check out the trailer below.




2 Rain Man (1988 Best Picture) - This is one of those movies that I could watch any day, any time. You don't have to be in the mood for it, just watch it & you'll be laughing in no time. Dustin Hoffman plays what I think is the role of his life in this movie (and he won an Oscar for best actor)! surely you've all seen this right? surely everyone in America has... ("of course I'm an excellent driver")

3 Se7en (1995) - This movie starts pretty slow but the intensity builds throughout and you almost can't handle the last 10 minutes because it's too intense. The title comes from the criminal in the movie who is on a trek to murder 7 people who are committing the 7 deadly sins... then writing that sin somewhere at the scene. Brad Pitt & Morgan Freeman try to stop him before he murders all 7. The showdown at the end is unbelievable!


4 Napolean Dynamite (2004) - had to throw this one in because I've literally seen it at least 100 times. still makes me laugh because it is SO stupid. I know you either love it or hate it, but here's 2 tips for you if you're about to watch it for the 1st time: 1) watch it with at least 3-4 friends, 2) don't look for a plot or a stoyline because there isn't one! Just enjoy the ridiculously stupid humor. (and keep in mind the budget for this film was only $400K) - "do the chickens have large talons?"

5 It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - Back to the black & white stone age. You gotta watch this every Christmas season. My wife had not seen this when we were dating in high school. Watching it was a prerequisite for marriage...



1 comment:

Joshua said...

I'm not gonna lie... this blog is TOTALLY up my alley. I'm looking forward to seeing your list (and I'm having fun predicting what will be on it based on your five honorable mentions). I've got my list pretty figured out, so I'll share once I've read yours.