Saturday, April 5, 2008

from miami to the virgin islands

I'm chillin' at a McDonald's here in Miami waiting to get on the cruise ship. Crystal's across from me reading the final book in the Harry Potter series (she's addicted, so I'm not sure what she'll do after finishing this 7th one). We've had a nice stay here in Miami - got to hang out with my good friend (and former pastor/boss/mentor) over the weekend, hung out at South Beach, and been gettin' fat on some pimp Cuban food.

We even had a good drive down here... I finished an awesome book on cd - Deadly Vipers: Character Assassins by Mike Foster. You all need to go read it right now! Mike's doing some amazing stuff too that I'll let you guys know about later. When I get back I'll blog about my takeaways from the book... although Crystal woke up when I was halfway through the book and caught me writing notes from the book while driving on I-95 and that was the end of that.

But now the time has come to board the ship for our 1st ever cruise. We're headed to San Juan, St. John, St. Thomas, & revisiting our honeymoon spot - St. Maarten. I'm looking forward to some nice relaxing chill time on the beautiful beaches. I'm also looking forward to seeing my Heels beat up on Kansas & then either UCLA or Memphis this week.

This will be my 1st Sunday away from Ridge since we launched back in September. The cool thing is that Upstreet is gonna rock because there is an amazing team of peeps who make it happen every week! You guys are the greatest!

So I might have to wait until I get back to Charlotte next Saturday night to post some pics from my trip because I doubt we'll have any internet access. So, if you don't see any new posts for about a week then turn your head slowly to the right and check out the pimp websites I've linked for your pleasure. There is a ton of good stuff there that is way better than this blog. So, check out the other blogs I have linked and make yourelf familiar with the awesome organizations currently chillin' on the right side of your computer screen.

I'm sure I'll have a lot of cool stories to post from our adventures in the islands when I get back. Crystal's trying to talk me into getting a tattoo... we'll see.

I love this item

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you can't get internet because you peeps lost it last night. Oh well...maybe next year.

EZ

Anonymous said...

that should read "your"

EZ

Anonymous said...

nothing is better than your blog Patrick

the burchard bunch said...

I would be lyin' if I said I wasn't jealous!!! Rusty and I took that same cruise in October of 2007 and it was AMAZING!!! You guys will have a blast... cruising is the only way to vacation!! Missed ya guys last night, but you're so right..... your team in UpStreet ROCKS, they did an fantastic job last night :)

patrick mitchell said...

ben, your comment sparked an idea for a future blog... "1million & 1 things better than patrick's blog." Thanks Tina - sounds like Upstreet was awesome! sorry to make you jealous.