Thursday, April 24, 2008

top 10 (# 2)

Read the intro to the top 10 list & honorable mentions here & #s 6-10 here.

now, for the top 5...

#5 Crash (2005 Academy Award for Best Picture) - Whoa! This movie is brilliant. I'm shocked at how many people haven't seen it. Maybe a dozen random character are all linked by events in L.A. (ridiculously star studded cast too). The story is awesome. Also, I love that this movie subtely (& not so subtely) attacks something that I am passionately against - racism and racial prejudice. This movie straight up preaches in an excellent way & I love it. Watch it!

#4 Bad Boys 2 (2003) - The greatest action comedy ever. I mean, just imagine Will Smith & Martin Lawrence for like 2 1/2 hours of straight up hysterical laughter packed with crazy cadillac flippin', bullet flyin' action. It's 10 times better & funnier than the 1st one. If you can't laugh at this movie... you just don't laugh.




#3 Forrest Gump (1994 Academy Award for Best Picture + 5 others including best actor for Tom Hanks) - This movie just straight up makes you laugh. This bad boy is a classic. One of the funniest ever. I'll be shocked if you haven't seen it. This performance by Tom Hanks has to be the best acting job ever! He is amazing in this film (similar to his stellar acting performance in The Terminal). "Somethin' bit me!" "Cap'n Dan said we didn't have to worry about money no more and I said 'well, that's good. Just one less thing.'" "Forrest, have you found Jesus yet? - I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for Him."


#2 Ocean's 11 (2001) - yep, my 2nd favorite movie EVER. This movie is awesome. The first time I saw it I was like 17 and really wanted to be one of Danny Ocean's 11. These guys are straight up genius. I love it. It's fun, funny, but also very smart. These guys (especially Brad Pitt & George Clooney) are ridiculously smooth. Silky smooth... these guys are the epitome of PIMP, in case you were wondering. I think I would have done it too. If these guys showed up at my house tomorrow and asked me to join them, it would take every ounce of will power & God's grace to keep me from joining up with them. (I'm halfway joking) Way better than Ocean's 12 & 13 put together.




**And now, the greatest movie of all time... drumroll...

(check it out tomorrow back here on renown)

No comments: