Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Drive 2010 - Day 3

I am completely exhausted. physically and mentally from all the amazing ministry and leadership principles  packed into my brain over the last 3 days. I really want to start unpacking it all and writing about it on here.

Andy Stanley's final talk was worth the price of the conference. in fact, I think that talk is the main talk and entire theme at Catalyst 2010 coming up in October! It needs an entire post on its own just to process my takeaways. it was awesome.

I mentioned the 3 main talks from yesterday that would be posts all to themselves...

I would say my biggest takeaway from a breakout today was one with Bill Willits & later Jeff Henderson about creating a healthy culture for leaders & staff...
I love that North Point has created a working staff culture that attracts the BEST people and where those same peeps say "This is the best job I've ever had." That's their goal and I think it's pretty worthy...

Along those lines with developing people, Bill quoted Jim Collins who said something i think is awesome = "As leaders you can't predict the future. What you can do is develop your people. Doing so will take care of the future."

Obviously that's a principle and not something that will be true every single time, but that is a principle I want to live by with the people God allows me to lead at any point in time...

All the great (session long) takeaways wil start flowing tomorrow, so don't worry! In case you're dying for something right now, go check out Kendra Fleming's great summary of the "Partnering with Parents" pre-session HERE.

Otherwise, check in tomorrow - late afternoon or evening and I will have a pimp post up with a full brain load of processed takeaways from one of these amazing sessions...

No comments: