Tuesday, May 18, 2010

a song i'm loving...

i'm not really a big Eminem fan. honestly never listened to his stuff much.

i'm actually more of a Jay-Z fan when it comes to hip hop.
but Eminem's newest single "Not Afraid" is my favorite song right now. i'm just loving it. singing it all day long, it's always in my head, always playing in my iPod...

i think i'm even digging his heart behind it. here's the hook... or the chorus...
"I'm not afraid to take a stand
Everybody come take my hand
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just let you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel that you've been down the same road
"


& a crazy catchy hook it is.

There really aren't many parts of the song i can post because i try to keep this blog PG-13. BUT, i think this bridge gets even deeper at the heart of his song (and it's all clean)
"And I just can't keep living this way
So starting today, I'm breaking out of this cage
I'm standing up, Imma face my demons
I'm manning up, Imma hold my ground
I've had enough, now I'm so fed up
Time to put my life back together right now
"

i think these lyrics and Eminem's heart behind this song is legit. Plus i straight up love the sound!
Jay-Z & Eminem are actually teaming up for 2 concerts together = 1 at Yankee Stadium in NYC and 1 in Comerica Park in Detroit. i think that would be pretty sweet.

1 comment:

Brandon said...

- Dude I'm totally with you. I've had this one in my head at the gym all week!