Sunday, May 16, 2010

inside a colon

This is NOT a joke! This is an extremely large COLON.

A few weeks ago my wife and I went to visit some friends who just had a baby at Presbyterian hospital. This colon is what greeted us in the main lobby!

Upon closer inspection i found that it was not a joke but really supposed to be educational. you see, they had all the parts of the inside of the colon labeled. they even labeled them for us like this internal hemorrhoid!

wow. "this is crazy," i thought to myself.
I mean, they set it up like an exhibit at Discovery Place or an attraction at an amusement park... like for little kids to crawl through and explore! i'm speechless.

so, i thought i would crawl through myself! (& notice the strategically placed "Exit Only" sign at the end of the colon!)

Have YOU ever seen a huge colon like this? Do you think they put the "exit only" sign there on purpose?

No comments: