Friday, May 2, 2008

leverage

Got plans Sunday night say, 6pm? I hope not & if you do I really think you should try to change them because you will want to be chillin' with us at the Levine Senior Center. That's right... not a typo... we're at the Senior Center [insert your own joke here]. Seriously, clear your schedule to be there. Chris is giving a pimp talk on one of our core values - relational evangelism.


I'm thinking that most Christians are confused by the word evangelism. "Isn't that something for seminary grads & old pastors?" Or at the very least they get a little tense & uneasy in their stomach when the word comes up... like that feeling when you watch someone bungee jump or you accidentally see just a little too much cottage cheese at the beach. Definitely shouldn't be that way, and hopefully after Sunday it won't be so confusing. because the way we do it is all natural (sounds like a commercial for some kind of yogurt or something).

Plus, it's not everyday we get to hear Chris give a talk right? Of course, Andy Stanley's not all that bad [that was sarcasm if you couldn't tell]. But Chris is a stellar communicator. Maybe something like a mix between Bono, Barak Obama, & Louie Giglio. haha... I just made that up on the fly. Seriously, you have got to come hear him. (Read his thoughts on the night, him speaking, etc... here - but the best line from the whole post is "This whole thing for us is about bringing God glory and reaching people." WHOOOOO! that fires me up and makes me wish Sunday was tomorrow... uh, except for the fact that I have a few more props & SFX to prepare.)

So, if you're anywhere near Charlotte on Sunday night you should definitely check it out. Michael Johnston (former front man of the Smalltown Poets - definitely brings back some memories from high school) is leading worship for us along with a stellar band. I'm pretty sure it will be the best use of your 6-7pm block on Sunday night unless you're feeding some orphans or maybe fixing that global warming thing. (click here for directions.) Hope to see you there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo Bro,

While you will be hearing how to be relational on Sunday evening I will actually be doing it in Blacksbur! Just kidding, but I really will...I hope your don't take this as a slam from an old man. Hey I'll call ya later today as I make my trek to VA. I love ya bro. How's my cool speak coming along? hee hee

Peace In,

EZ