Thursday, July 31, 2008

BigStuf (day 3)

[catch up on bigstuf here.]

Ok, really don't have much time today AT ALL. so, i'll have to catch you up on day 3 (wednesday) real fast & day 4 (today) a little later on...
For now, I'll just let you know that it stormed like crazy on Wednesday and the cops came through and kicked everyone out of the water. Caitlin got some cool shots of it before it really hit.

Wednesday morning Andy delivered his recently famous "Direction not intention Determines Destination" talk. Pretty flippin' awesome. Francis said it was the best talk he has ever heard at a high school camp!!! We know that simple phrase is so true in pretty much every area of life - like going on a road trip, etc... but many of us don't seem to follow it when it comes to where we are heading in life. We seem to think our good intentions will get us to our expected destination. Wrong... it's our current direction that will take us to our destination... therefore, our current direction is EXTREMELY important & we better make sure it's pointing us where we want to end up.

Then Francis talked with us at night about what God is trying to do through our pain. pretty awesome stuff. Plus the voice that I mention below made me laugh so hard that crystal had to make me stop. She is easily embarrassed by me... which is easily understandable, right? Then Francis made me feel better about that because he... well, here's what he basically said = "There was a huge earthquake in L.A. right when my wife & I 1st got back from our honeymoon. So, it's like 4:30 in the morning & my wife & I are bouncing up and down on the bed like this (demonstrates with arms...) and then the earthquake came. Pretty sure his wife was embarrassed! Pretty funny though. and then he talked to the kids about how great sex is in marriage & how much pain it brings outside of marriage. That was just one little part. maybe I'll post more from the talk later.

Also, Hunter & Bailey informed me that they wanted to be movie stars and film makers at the same time. I had never attempted to use iMovie before (which will be evident when you see this movie)... but I gave it a shot. We randomly documented our journey through a frustrating circumstance in life. Francis Chan says we can have hope in those moments (and he uses this crazy voice that is something of a hybrid between Mr. T & Jackie Chan to tell us about it!) Check out our "1 take" humorous & random, yet very meaningful independent film = "UNGETOFFABLE"

No comments: