Friday, November 13, 2009

quotes of the week #14 - Catalyst 09 edition

These are my top quotes from Catalyst '09 a few weeks ago in ATL. I already put up my top quotes from Catalyst labs & you can read them HERE. I've also posted some thoughts & takeaways from several of the individual Catalyst '09 sessions that you can read here, here, and here. Now, here are my top quotes from the conference!

"If my life is all about Jesus then my life is all about what life's all about." - Louie Giglio

"Your life is shaped by the end you live for. You are made in the image of what you desire." - Thomas Merton (via Louie)

"Momentum is created. It does not randomly occur." - Dave Ramsey

"God won’t say to me 'Why weren’t you more like him?' No, He’ll probably say, 'Why weren’t you more like YOU?'” - Rob Bell

“The medium is the message. How you say something matters more or as much as what you say. What you choose to communicate with will determine what is heard & how my message is understood. - Shane Hipps

“Living to make my mark is too small a thing to give my life to. But to be positioned for God to make His mark through me is worth giving my life to." - Andy Stanley
"My main job as a leader is to help everyone else be the best they can be." - Tony Dungy
“be who you is because if you ain’t who you is, then you is who you ain’t." - Chuck Swindoll

“There are diamonds in the rock of Scripture that we have yet to discover.” - Shane Hipps
  
"Focused Intensity, over Time, multiplied by God, equals Unstoppable Momentum!" - Dave Ramey

“What man is a man that doesn’t want to make his world better?” – (Orlando Bloom’s character in Kingdom of Heaven via Andy Stanley) 

"Jesus wants to make sure that peeps like me who are proclaiming a gospel of peace & life are actually experiencing the peace & life of Jesus." - Rob Bell

This is probably my SHORTEST "quotes of the week" ever... not because of the number of quotes, but because I didn't really write anything about them OR about the people who said them. That's because I've been writing thoughts on the WHOLE talks they gave & have written about almost all of these individuals (except tony & chucky) extensively.

No comments: