Sunday, August 24, 2008

the bright sadness?

Read yesterday's post HERE. Charlie Hall's new CD is awesome & you can buy it HERE. Today I just wanted to post a quote from Charlie about his thoughts on these new songs birthed from his soul.

"Immediately our ears perked up as we dove into all the different meanings of these beautiful words stuck together so oddly, so oppositely. The phrase made me think and feel. It also slowly began to encompass something I had been starting to experience in my heart about my own life. Sadness, trial and the aching of this earth are not detached from the bright, resurrecting hope of God. These two ideas actually hold hands very easily and should walk together intertwined always, shamelessly. There are many awe striking moments on this broken beautiful planet but there are also moments that whether we create or are created around us make us feel out of control and weak. These 'out of control' moments do not detach us from God and in fact may in a deeper sense knit us to his heart and life. Christ is the brightness in every ounce of life. He is the power in this universe and will fill us to walk through every moment.

So this collection of songs is some of the spiritual journaling of my last few years. It comes from me understanding my ordinary human condition and my deep love for Jesus and the life he brings along in Him. I do not love and believe these things because of citizenship, my 
role or title in the church or because I am supposed to. I believe this 
because I have felt my own humanity and my need to be in touch again with my Creator. The Bright Sadness is the accepting of the brokenness 
in myself and in the world around me, but always intertwining the overarching thought of Christ's closeness, His free fellowship, His redemption, and compassion, His Brightness."

Pretty awesome and intimate thoughts from this awesome worship leader. If you live in Charlotte you should DEFINITELY come worship with Charlie Tuesday night @ Charlotte One in uptown - 7pm. more info here. see you there.

No comments: