Monday, August 11, 2008

a super cool anniversary gift - TOMS

(I need YOU to vote at the end of this, so make sure you keep reading!)

have I ever mentioned that my wife is THE coolest? I think I have at least a few times here on renown (that's a little something called sarcasm, by the way). Well, she got me a really cool gift for our 3rd anniversary last week! = a pair of TOMS!!!
She knew I've been wanting a pair for 1 YEAR! That's a pretty long time to want a pair of shoes. I've worn my rainbows (those are sandals for those of you over 40) pretty much every day for the last year! Just trying to be like Jesus. So, I have REALLY wanted a pair of TOMS for about 1 year. But because of this total money makeover we've been doing the past 9 months or so, I haven't bought anything for myself... in order to pay off debt. Therefore, I haven't been able to buy the TOMS I've always wanted. Enter - my amazing wife...

If you don't know about TOMS already then PLEASE take like 45 seconds, click HERE, and read the blog I wrote on TOMS. They are the most PIMP shoes available, but the coolest thing about them is that for every pair you buy, TOMS gives a pair to a child in poverty! So, when you buy a pair you're also buying a pair of TOMS for a child who does not even have shoes! Pretty awesome.

**So, I can't think of a better gift than this! I get an awesome pair of shoes PLUS (& even better) a child who does not currently have shoes will get some! Just when I think my wife couldn't get any cooler... she goes and does something like this. She knew I wouldn't spend the $ on myself so I get this gift card in my email inbox...
Your friend 
Crystal Mitchell has given you the gift of TOMS
, and has also 
donated a pair to a child on 
your behalf. 

haha... I can't wait to see the next Shoe Drop pics and know that THAT was my wife's gift to me. Pretty cool. So, if you happen to see me around sporting some sweet new kicks... just think about the little guy in Argentina who will be sporting some too. Go buy yourself a pair... I'm pretty sure they're cooler than the shoes your wearing right now + some kid won't be bare foot anymore.

Now, for something fun for all of you = help me choose which pair of TOMS to get!!! I get to order whatever pair I want with my gift card. here are my top 5 pairs & I want you all to vote on which pair I should get! Cast your vote in the comments section. I am going to order them this week!
























OK, those political ones are a joke. You guys know I hate politics.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those political ones crack me up. You could support Obama & McCain. hah.
Seriously, I'm diggin' those chocolate striped ones. those are my vote.

Anonymous said...

blue and white

Anonymous said...

blue and white

EZ

Kelvin said...

Plaid all the way baby!!

Adam Antine said...

these ones!!!!!

can they send the free pair to me?

Anonymous said...

Dude, u gotta get that second pair, the white and blue ones.

val_gal1129 said...

plaid!!! are you kidding me?! is there really a question?

Anonymous said...

im all about the ones scott mentioned or the plaid ones

the burchard bunch said...

plaid, plaid and more plaid!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Patrick
Thanks for posting about TOMS! I'd like to send you a little something to show our appreciation. Will you email me your mailing address?

Take care,
Caitlin
caitlin@tomsshoes.com

PS- My vote is for the Madras...

Anonymous said...

So which ones did you choose?

White all the way.