Friday, October 30, 2009

happy birthday Crystal!


Today is the day we celebrate one of the greatest days in history! Lots of people celebrate lots of important days, but October 30, 1983 was a really really important day in my life.

That is the day my wife, the one God knew I was going to marry for thousands of years, was born.

That is the day the most beautiful woman in the world was born. The day the best wife ever was born. I am so blessed to be married to both of those women.

I surprised my wife for her birthday and booked 3 days at a hotel in the mountains near Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway. She's been really wanting to see the leaves changing colors in the mountains and has never been to the Blue Ridge Parkway. So, yesterday we checked in and then drove up and down the parkway just looking at the beauty.

We went to the top of Mount Mitchell - which is appropriate I guess with the same name as us. I learned it is also the highest point east of the Mississippi. Pretty tall.

Yesterday was really cool seeing all this beauty God made - the mountains, the colorful leaves, my wife...
She is as old as me today. We're celebrating all day at some pretty cool places.


I love you, Crystal! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

EZ said...

Dude way to go...btw I get to see these mountains every day...God is the coolest artist ever!