Tuesday, October 6, 2009

U2 concert tonight!


Seeing U2 live has been on my bucket list. but today I get to cross it off!

Because Crystal and I are going to see U2 tonight! They're on their "360 Tour" going to the biggest stadiums around the world. We're going to see them in the Georgia Dome tonight in the ATL! We bought our tix like 8 months ago. So, we've been looking forward to this for a long time!

I think U2 is Crystal's favorite band and they're definitely in my top 3 of all time... potentially my fav. Although, I've always heard that they are hands down the greatest concert experience ever! I hear it's pretty intense, emotional, and lots of peeps even say it's a worship experience. I guess I'll find out in a few hours.

Hopefully we'll be able to take Crystal's pimp camera in and if so she'll get some sweet pics that I'll definitely post here on renown.

Here's my HOPEFUL set list. These are the songs that I really, really, really want U2 to play tonight. These are my fav songs of U2 that I really want to see live... I'll go home happy if they play these. (I know it's a long shot, but I'll see how close I am) =
One, Pride (In the Name of Love), Stand Up Comedy, Yahweh, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Where the Streets Have No Name, Magnificent, City of Blinding Lights, Breathe, Beautiful Day, If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, With Or Without You, Vertigo, Mysterious Ways, Desire, Get On Your Boots, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Saints Are Coming, Moment of Surrender, Sweetest Thing...

and I know this 1 is a long shot but it's just that song that Crystal and I belt out in the car together. I don't think it was every really a big hit, but it would be so cool if they do it at the concert = "Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of"

That's 21 songs and I know that's probably way too many for them to play (especially since I hear the hottest band in the West - Muse is opening for them) but I'm still hoping.
Even to see them do 2 songs live in concert will be worth the trip. I can't wait.

I'm pretty sure I know what we'll be singing on the road trip to Atlanta...
"You've got to get yourself together - You got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it. Don't say that later will be better - now you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it."

& probably - "walk out into the street with arms out, got a love you can't defeat, neither down nor out, there's nothing you have that I need, I can breathe...
sing your heart out, sing my heart out. I found grace inside a sound, I found grace and it's all I found... I can breathe..."

2 comments:

Adam Antine said...

bro! how was it???

patrick mitchell said...

pretty flipping awesome!
i'll have to tell you about it soon...