Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yankees season has begun!

That's right - Yankees season, not baseball season. Because the Yankees are the only team that matter. They are the only team that has mattered in my world for the past 27 years since I was born with a Yankees "onesie" and hat on!
I think I have written many times about my die hard obsession with the New York Yankees and how that die hard obsession has been in my blood for over 3 generations!

I have watched every single Yankees game so far this season. And I plan on being able to watch the 1st 9 games of the season at least through the Angels series next week! Pretty awesome. I wonder if I can keep this up and watch every single game all season long? (doubtful)

So, after Sunday's game I will have seen all 5 of our starters pitch. (C.C. is pitching again today.) Phil Hughes gets his 1st start today as our 5th man in the rotation. he's the crazy young phenom who's supposed to be the next great pitcher in the Major Leagues.
I'm guessing he will be the 4th starter soon and Javier Vasquez will drop to be the 5th starter... which is crazy because he was the ACE (1st starter) for the Braves! But we all know the Braves suck.

I am really excited about the Yankees this season. We are the defending World Series Champs and I really hope we can REPEAT again! Joe Girardi is wearing #28 this season, so hopefully he can bring us our 28th world series championship!
I am not about to predict that we'll win it (like I did HERE and was wrong), but I am very hopeful.

**I think it's so awesome that Derek Jeter (my favorite player), Jorge Posada (my wife's favorite player), and Mariano Rivera (our fav pitcher) have all been playing together with the Yankees for 16 years! That is crazy! 16 years! that is the longest streak of any 3 teammates in ANY American sport!!! (NBA, NHL, or NFL!)
They have won 5 world series rings together (so has Andy Pettite) and I watched every second of every one of those world series. I hope this world series is #6 for those guys and in my lifetime!

No comments: