Tuesday, November 11, 2008

2 blogs I read that you should check out

I don't know if you ever check out the stuff I have linked to your right (all the way down the page) but you really should. I didn't just put that stuff there for fun. It's for you to see!
Eventually I'll probably write about all the orgs and people and books over to the right, but today I want to tell you about 2 blogs I recently added that you may have noticed. They're under my homeboys' blogs.

Ryan & Scott are 2 awesome guys. They were friends of mine in college, but (like many others) I feel like I know them better and interact more since we've been out of college. I really resonate with these guys. I feel we have a lot in common (although we're vastly different in many ways) as we've both made the journey to new places ("new places" in every way) since leaving our alma mater.

I recommend their blogs with this disclaimer: these guys are way smarter than me and both got their Th.M degrees - the biggest Master's degree that you can get and you have to be way smart for. It's like 120 credits! That's an insane 4 more years of full time school. So, you may read their blog and never return to mine. Just warnin' ya.

Their blogs are Smithers (Ryan) and the aging of a not so superhero (Scott).
***I LOVE reading their blogs (or "Christian expressions" as Scott refers to them) often. The main thing I love about these blogs is their RAW transparency. It's a beautiful thing! These authors let you into their lives in a real way. They don't hold back. They are honest in writing as if only they are reading it.
I thank them for their transparency. It moves me to do the same. It gives me permission to do the same. It makes me want to experience the freedom and amazing feeling these guys must feel every time they write one of those transparent posts.

They're both a "bit" (ha) cynical at times, which I love. I laugh often. I'm challenged to think. I am moved spiritually as well.

So, like I said before, I think we share a lot in common, but are very different. You may read their blogs and think we are miles apart. Whatever you think we are still friends with a common passion.

So, here's some good stuff I've read from both of them over the past couple months:


Keep writing guys! Your stuff makes me laugh and love God and love life & happy that you are my friends.

1 comment:

Adam Antine said...

bro! you know not what you speak! thanks, though.