Tuesday, November 4, 2008

...it's over!

...and I'm glad it's over. I just don't really care for politics. Never have really. Don't know if I ever will. I get pretty sick of hearing people talk about it CONSTANTLY. And honestly I guess it makes me sad that people get more jacked up over politics and a flippin' election than they do about JESUS. and it even makes me sad that people are more concerned about America than they are the Kingdom of God.

But anyway, didn't mean to get on a rabbit trail. I just wanted to say that I'm really glad it's over! and yes I voted... even though I don't like politics and don't like getting into it all I went to the middle school on the corner and pushed the buttons on the touch screen and voted for a few people. So, I did my duty and now the election is finally over - whoohoo (although I have to admit that it is kind of fun to see all the electoral votes coming in and the big map with the scores on the screen... it's kind of like a fun game.)

Oh, and it was pretty cool that Barack Obama and John McCain were on Monday Night Football last night talking about the BCS! Obama said something like he would enforce an 8 team playoff system in place of the current BCS system... huh, now that he will be president we'll see if he really does it (of course he was joking). And what in the world is Saturday Night Live going to fill their airtime with now? Do you think Tina Fey can imitate anyone else?

And let me just finally say that the blog post I wrote yesterday about Derek Jeter being in Charlotte last night brought about 200 hits to my blog today. That's not normal in case you were wondering. On a normal day there are not 200 people who read Renown. Not even close. I wonder if a ton of people will read this post since I mentioned Barack Obama and John McCain... or is Jeter a bigger story than Barack Obama being in Charlotte, NC yesterday speaking at UNCC? (Jeter's definitely bigger to me!)
And then I wonder how many people will read what I write on Thursday? = I think something about how Jesus loves the people of the city of Charlotte and wants to change their lives... probably not that many.

No comments: