Monday, November 3, 2008

...just met Derek Jeter!!!

no, not me, but my friend Lopo did! I'm trying to figure out if I'm sinning by being so jealous of that encounter. 

If you're an avid reader of renown (which I know so many of you are) and you remember reading THIS POST (or if you know me AT ALL) then you know I am a die hard, 3rd generation, New York Yankees fan!!! If you read that post HERE you know that Don Mattingly was my favorite player from birth until about 13 when Mattingly retired and Jeter took over that coveted position of not only Captain of the Yankees, but also my favorite player.

Jeter was in town for the Bobcats game. Probably to chill with his boy Jordan who partially owns the Bobcats. Lopo (my friend) called me earlier tonight when he was valeting in downtown Charlotte and was like "I think I just saw Derek Jeter walk into a restaurant down here." We talked a few minutes trying to deduce like detectives if it was really him... If I had ANY sense about me I would have left my night security job (I could just put the tiny girl at the library desk in charge of the premises) and booked it for Blue restaurant downtown & tried to meet him when he came out.

Because about 30 minutes later Lopo called me back screaming something about how he just met Derek Jeter! Jeter spoke 2 words to him "W'sup man"... that's pretty cool. (I guess 3 words if you count the contracted word as 2 separate words, but if there are any English teachers on here I'm in trouble anyway...). I should have been there too!

[oh, and on a side note, Barack Obama was in Charlotte, NC today too. He spoke at UNCC. My friend Travis invited me to see him... even though Obama may be the next leader of our country... Jeter is way bigger to me!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two words I'll never forget, haha.