Sunday, March 28, 2010

principles make life easy

I'm thankful for principles. I'm reminded today that I'm thankful for some financial principles. Because I am CONFIDENT that I am NOT smart enough to make good financial decisions on my own!

But, by God's grace & by following some principles of one of my heroes, I'm on a good financial track.

And I love Dave's principles. They're not boring. that I quote along with him every single day. My wife and dog (Jack Bauer) even quote them...
"debt is dumb."
"cash is king."

So, when I reread this today I was reminded of how thankful I am that God led me to these financial principles and somehow gave me the discipline to follow them like a blind man follows his seeing eye dog:

“I have heard every excuse, every whining reason, and every rationalization as to why you are different and you have a better way, but trust me, you don’t. The good thing about principles is that they make life easy. I have heard it said that when someone bases his life on principle, 99% of his decisions are already made.”

Thanks for all the decisions I don't have to make, Dave!

2 comments:

Julie Chandler said...

Hey Patrick,

I love the heart of your blog! Just wanted to let you know (sorry I didn't see an email) about a new book that may be of interest to you. It's called Orphans and the Fatherless.

You can check it out at www.orphansandthefatherless.com

Have a great day!

patrick mitchell said...

thanks Julie. I'll check it out.