Sunday, March 21, 2010

take my life

that's my prayer, God. Take my life... it's ALL for You!

*God, You know these words have been my prayer to You for the last 5-6 years. How cool to have them sung as a prayer over us tonight as we were commissioned and ordained by our church to give our lives to You for You name's sake!
This is still and will always be my prayer to You, God!

"Take my life and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee
Take my moments and my days
Let them flow in ceaseless praise
Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love
Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee

Take my voice and let me sing always, only, for my King
Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee
Take my silver and my gold, not a mite would I withhold
Take my intellect and use every power as You choose
 
Here am I
All of me
Take my life
It's all for Thee

 

Take my will and make it Thine, it shall be no longer mine
Take my heart, it is Thine own, it shall be Thy royal throne
Take my love, my Lord, I pour at your feet its treasure store
Take myself and I will be ever, only, all for Thee"


(Let this be my prayer for my whole life... just like it was for David Livingstone, the original guy who prayed it to You.)

No comments: