Tuesday, March 9, 2010

what's in my iPod? - Awakening (from Passion 2010)

The new live CD from Passion released today! I am so stoked. This is the 1st Passion album since God Of This City way back in 2007.

My friend Natalie bought me the "All Access Pass" and I still need to pay her back! I bring her $20 every Sunday, but Sundays are hyper focused days for me and I can't think of anything else, so I always forget to give it to her. Anyway, my download came in today.

I wrote a lot about the songs from Passion 2010 HERE and HERE. The Track Listing is HERE.
I am loving listening to this CD today!

Here are my 6 fav songs on the album:
*OUR GOD from Chris Tomlin
"There's no one like You; none like You...
Our God is greater/ Our God is stronger
God, you are higher than any other,
Our God is healer/ Awesome in power,
Our God, our God...
And if our God is for us then who could ever stop us,
And if our God is with us then what could stand against..."

*a new kickin' song from David Crowder Band = LIKE A LION
"Let love explode and bring the dead to life
A love so bold
To see a revolution somehow
Let love explode and bring the dead to life
A love so bold
To bring a revolution somehow
Now I’m lost in Your freedom
This world I’ll overcome
My God’s not dead
He’s surely alive
He’s living on the inside
Roaring like a lion

Let hope arise and make the darkness hide
My faith is dead
I need a resurrection somehow
Let hope arise and make the darkness hide
Let Heaven roar and fire fall
Come shake the ground
With the sound of revival
"

*Also one I hadn't heard from Hillsong United... I'm guessing it's new = WITH EVERYTHING
"Name above names • Lamb that was slain • Beautiful God • King above kings • God of all things • Beautiful God • There is no other name like Jesus • Give You all of the praise • O, Lord Jesus //
Let hope rise and darkness tremble • In Your Holy light • That every eye will see Jesus, our God • Great and mighty to be praised // God of all days • Glorious in all of Your ways • The majesty, the wonder and grace • In the light of Your name // With everything, with everything • We will shout for Your glory • With everything, with everything • We will shout forth Your praise // Our hearts they cry • Be glorified • Be lifted high above all • For You our King • With everything • We will shout forth Your praise // Woah-oah-oah
"

*and of course my favorite song from Matt Redman's latest Album = YOU ALONE CAN RESCUE
Who, O Lord, could save themselves • Their own soul could heal • Our shame was deeper than the sea • Your grace is deeper still // You alone can rescue • You alone can save • You alone can lift us from the grave • You came down to find us • Led us out of death • To You alone belongs the highest praise // You, O Lord, have made a way • The great divide You healed • For when our hearts were far away • Your love went further still • Yes, Your love goes further still // We lift up our eyes, lift up our eyes • You’re the giver of life

*Chris Tomlin's AWAKENING
"Holy Spirit we desire awakening
For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul...
Your will be done, Your will be done in me
In Your presence, In Your power awaken me
For this moment, for this hour, awaken me
Like the rising sun that shines
Awake my soul, Awake my soul & sing!
From the darkness comes a light
Awake my soul, Awake my soul & sing!
Only You can raise a life
Awake my soul, Awake my soul & sing!
I hear Your voice say 'This is my awakening'"

and Charlie Hall's KING OF HEAVEN (Isaiah 6:1)
"oh oh, oh oh oh,
King of Heaven come down
oh oh, oh oh oh,
King of Heaven come down
We come together in the wave of God
We stand together in Your great compassion
Pouring out our hearts and lives
Fill us up with an expectation
oh oh, oh oh oh
King of heaven come down...
We'll sing the news of all Your grace
We'll help the broken hearted praise
We'll put Your glory on display
King of heaven"


I am so loving this. Awesome morning of worship with these new songs from these awesome worship artists.

No comments: