Tuesday, January 5, 2010

more of the new songs in our hearts - Passion 2010

Monday I wrote a little about Passion HERE. This morning I wrote some thoughts about the beauty of the new songs in our hearts birthed their from Passion 2010 HERE.
I'm just loving these new songs, so tonight I wanted to post some of the lyrics of these songs that were sung for the 1st time ever at Passion 2010 this past week...
I wish you could hear them. you will soon enough...

I guarantee you these songs are being sung in the hearts of a generation tonight as they put their heads on their pillows. As they go back to their dorm rooms in the next weeks these are the songs that will be resounding in their hearts. These words and the awesome words God spoke through Louie, Piper, Andy, Francis Chan, & Beth Moore will be the words that will change their hearts & God may use to change their campuses... and the world.

Charlie Hall has several new ones he led. This one fit with Passion 2010's "Awakening" theme:
"heaven's light shining bright
come and open up our eyes,
You are Hope and You are Life,
let the earth awake
Heaven's Kingdom coming down,
Your heart beating in us now
Moving in Your power
let the earth awake
Whoa oh, whoa oh, whoa oh, 
LET THE EARTH AWAKE!"

Kristian Stanfill brought a new anthem like a lot of his other of his awesome upbeat songs where you get to shout some!
"Some are chasing the treasures of this world
We run to a glorious reward
The only Name worth living for!
Say, Say, Say you believe it
Sing for the whole world to hear it
We know and we declare it, Jesus is King
Say, Say, Say you believe it
Sing loud, sing like you mean it
We know and we declare it, Jesus is King
We open wide our mouths to praise
Let this generation raise
A song of freedom all our days!
I believe/ (I believe)
Your Kingdom Come (Your Kingdom Come)
Son of God (Son of God)
King of Love (King of Love)"

Here are 2 more new ones from Charlie...
"oh oh, oh oh oh,
King of Heaven come down
oh oh, oh oh oh,
King of Heaven come down
We come together in the wave of God
We stand together in Your great compassion
Pouring out our hearts and lives
Fill us up with an expectation
oh oh, oh oh oh
King of heaven come down...
We'll sing the news of all Your grace
We'll help the broken hearted praise
We'll put Your glory on display

King of heaven"

& this one from Charlie... 
"Just like the sun shines/ You have been our Light
Leading us into beautiful places
We've walked through fire/ but You made us brighter
Leading us into beautiful places
Faithful Jesus/ Healing Savior
Compass Center/ Bread of Life
Faithful Jesus/ Cherished Treasure
Our Portion/ Wisdom/ God's great Life
Just like the star at night You shine in the black of night
Leading us into beautiful places
Just like the atmosphere You have come to surround us here
Leading us into beautiful places
God You are here with us, constantly here with us
You are our Everything, faithful and true"
[I love that!]


Tomlin led this one on the 1st night & then a couple more times throughout Passion 2010. The lyrics are straight up amazing like so many Tomlin songs. I think we'll be singing this a lot:
"We are a chosen generation
Rise up holy nation
God, we live for You
You have called us out of darkness 
and into light so glorious
God, we live for You, we live for You, we live for You 
Our God will not be moved
Our God will never be shaken
We run to You/ We run...
You are everything
More than all we need
God, we live for You
I found this world to be not enough for me
God, we live for You, God, we live for You"


Chris and Christy Nockels led this one a few times together. Beautiful repeat part with Christy.
"We know where the Spirit of the Lord is...
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty
We know living in Your freedom
Living in Your freedom we see Your glory
We know where the Spirit of the Lord is...
Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty
We're Yours and Yours is the Kingdom!
We're Yours and Yours is the Kingdom!
You are the flame that burns inside
We need Your presence more than anything
You're all that we want
You're all that we need"

And then I'm guessing this song will be called Awakening - awesome song that starts so soft and then builds so big. I'm guessing it will be the title track of the live album. It created a glorious worshipful moment at Passion 2010... I could tell just from watching. It was powerful in me here on my couch!
"Holy Spirit we desire awakening
For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul...
Your will be done, Your will be done in me
In Your presence, In Your power awaken me
For this moment, for this hour, awaken me
Like the rising sun that shines
Awake my soul, Awake my soul & sing!

From the darkness comes a light
Awake my soul, Awake my soul & sing!
Only You can raise a life
Awake my soul, Awake my soul & sing!
I hear Your voice say 'This is my awakening'"

You'll be hearing these songs soon & I'm sure they'll be resonating in your hearts too.
awesome songs...

11 comments:

Brad Christian said...

Thank you sir... I don't think we will be able to wait until March to hear these again!

patrick mitchell said...

i know man! they'll stick in our head for a long time though!

Unknown said...

I was just seaching for the spirit of the Lord song titles, but I wasn't sure of it and I ran across your site! Passion 2010 was amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Ta said...

I was looking for Kristian Stanfill's song lyrics, the Say say say, say you believe it song, and your blog came up.

But Passion 2010 was definitely the most amazing thing I've ever been too. & remember, there's always Passion 2011.

Even though the conference ended, but I feel like Passion 2010 is just starting. Our hearts are just starting to now set out and shine the light of the brightly ever-lasting fire of His glory. We are His, and He is King.

We are set out to make Him even more famous. Like Francis said, can Jesus still be famous if we don't? Yes. But will He be more famous if we do? Absolutely.

So lets put set our little insignificant lives on fire and burn as once with His flame. :)

patrick mitchell said...

kelsdaniel - right on!
Junior - so glad you got to experience it! Do whatever you have to in order to let the passion you have today be a constant fire burning in you... always passionate for the glory and fame of God.
i'm with you bro, let's burn our little lives all for the only Name that matters... all for His RENOWN!

Chris Rockwell said...

I've been watching the streamed sessions online this week. Just awesome. I love "where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty". I mean chills every time I hear this. Can't wait to use it in worship. Thanks.

Jeff Mingee said...

Any chance of getting music/guitar chords to any of the new songs?

patrick mitchell said...

Jeff, I'm sure they'll be made available at some point. I don't think you can find them anywhere just yet though...

Jessica Matthews said...

oh i cannot wait for these songs either ! i was at Passion 2010 and it was the most amazing experience of my life !

Darren D. said...

Yes Passion was amazing!!!!
I have to say my favorite was David Crowder Band's "How He Loves"... The words are so meaningful to me. They go:
He is jealous for me.
Loves like a hurricane and I am a tree.
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy...

When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by Glory.
And I realize just how beautiful you are and how great your affections are for me....

And Oh, how He loves us oh...
Oh, how he loves us...
How he loves us oh...

I will never get tired of this song =]
God Bless.

patrick mitchell said...

that's awesome Jessica! so glad to hear it!
Darren D. - you should check out the story behind "How He Loves" from it's author John Mark McMillan (who is right here in Charlotte!)

i don't get tired of that song either! thanks for sharing man!