Thursday, January 7, 2010

10 years together with my wife! (TODAY)

My wife, Crystal, and I have "been together" for 10 years TODAY!
That's right, today is our 10 year anniversary of being a couple... 10 years ago today was our 1st "date". (Get all the full stories HERE.)

That 1st date was right here in Charlotte at the Applebee's on Independence Boulevard. On the border of Charlotte and Matthews. She's not one to kiss and tell, but she did kiss me on the 1st date, haha... actually it was the other way around.

Who knew that couple, that guy who was 17 and the girl who was 16 would still be together 10 years later? We've been married for well over 4 years now.
And Crystal is the most awesome wife. She's the most awesome girl to have been with for the past 10 years!

Thanks, God. Thanks for sovereignly orchestrating this relationship. Thanks that you were behind Crystal moving to Charlotte from New York. Thanks that you were behind me growing up here in Charlotte. Thanks that we met and fell in love. Thanks for being the Center for 10 years. I give You all the props for that.

Crystal, happy 10 Year Anniversary! We're starting our 2nd decade together. (We were almost together in 2 different millennia! ...just thought of that. just a few days earlier & this would be our 3rd decade, but still our 2nd millennium. Anyway, it's been an amazing 10 years. I'm so happy that we have had the crazy cool privilege to spend so much of our lives together! i know that the next 10 years will be even better. Thanks for loving me and teaching me so much. Thanks for being right beside me in everything. I love you!
HAPPY 7TH!

2 comments:

Scott Clifton said...

Dude I saw 10 years and I was like...um, has it been 10 years since your wedding? Am I that old. haha. And, then my life passed before my eyes.

Fortunately, I went to your page and read and remembered, ah, since they've been together!!!

Congrats, both of you. Keep up the good work!

patrick mitchell said...

thanks buddy!