Saturday, March 13, 2010

we're going to Kenya!

Back in 2003 I had the awesome privilege to live & work in Botswana, Africa for a little while. I lived with a missionary and helped plant a church in a village, worked in an orphanage, and lots of other stuff while I was there.

I went to Botswana because I felt like God was calling me to spend my life on mission in sub-Saharan Africa. My time in Africa confirmed that call and since then God's vision in me has grown exponentially. I want to be a part of a revolution that blows my mind!
That's what I want to spend my life doing. I want to reach unreached peoples through a church planting revolution, build orphanages and hospitals... just build the kingdom!

Crystal and I have been planning to go to Africa together this year. I can't believe it's been almost 7 years already since I've been to Africa!

*This September Crystal and I are going to Kenya!

I am so stoked. We're actually going through our church - Ridge Church. It's gonna be awesome. Me & Crystal + 3 others from Ridge have been at the 410 Bridge training all weekend. I can't wait until September!

On our trip with Ridge through 410 Bridge we'll be partnering with the Karima community near the center of Kenya. That part of the trip will be 10 days.
*(I plan on writing a whole post SOON all about 410 Bridge and how awesome they are! I am so impressed!)


Crystal and I are also planning to stay for a few weeks longer in Kenya!
  *We are planning to visit the children we sponsor through Compassion International (Peter that we sponsor personally and Erik who we sponsor through Upstreet at Ridge.)
  *We also want to hook up with RescuingBabies.orghttp://rescuebabiesnow.org/ through Compassion and it would be awesome for Crystal to use her gifts of Baby-delivering as a nurse to serve!
  *I really want to use this trip to scope out some of the areas to see if God might be leading us to move somewhere here in Kenya and spread God's fame in an unreached people group. There are still 35 unreached people groups in Kenya.

I'm so stoked at what God is going to do while we're in Kenya this September (& maybe October!)
More info to come!

No comments: