Tuesday, January 27, 2009

AWAKENING - new book from Louie (+ passion update)

It's no secret that I'm a HUGE fan of the Passion Movement and it's leader/founder, Louie Giglio. God used Passion to change my life. It completely revolutionized my life, my direction, and honestly... my passion. (I've written more about it HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE & HERE.)

And it's not just me... Passion is CHANGING THE WORLD!!! No doubt you heard all about the amazing World Tour in 08 (for which they canceled the regular national event here in the States). Over 3 months the Passion World Tour traveled to 6 continents, 16 countries, 17 cities across the world spreading the fame of God and igniting a passion for His glory in over 100 THOUSAND college students!!!
WOW! I really can't think of many things more awesome than that!

Now, Louie has hooked up with the amazing photographer Jeremy Cowart. (I've followed Jeremy's work for years and even have a few of his books! And I've actually followed him on twitter for several months... which is really fun to see all the stuff he's doing each day from photo contests with Donald Miller to shoots at this year's inauguration...)
Anyway, together Louie & Jeremy have put together a BOOK called Awakening. It is an amazing photo journey through the Passion World Tour. Honestly, I will seriously screw it up even trying to put words to it. Just Click HERE!!!

wow!! This book is going to be amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on it (but we're all going to have to wait until this Spring). Seriously, did you watch that video??? Louie says you probably can't just watch it just once... I've watched it maybe 5 times now. You no doubt saw some familiar faces flashing by, but also hundreds of unfamiliar ones that represent the 100K lives that were no doubt changed across the world during this tour.

And of course that's not all Louie's been up to lately. He's launching PASSION CITY CHURCH next month in Atlanta, GA. I've already shared my thoughts about this church HERE and how I hope it will spark one of the greatest movements for God's glory this world has ever seen! The first gathering is February 15th at 7pm in Atlanta. Who knows, I might roll in to be there @ their 1st ever gathering.

If that wasn't enough, Passion is launching World Tour Part 2 coming up this May & June. It won't be as big as the 1st one, just a mini 3-4 city tour. Pretty awesome though.

AND they are BACK with another national event next January (just like the old days) = Passion 2010! I'm pretty stoked. It's back in Atlanta again January 2-5th. Registration opens in less than a month = February 16th.

So, I bet the Passion house is alive with a frenzy of stuff going on. I'm praying for Louie & the team... that God would keep using what they're doing to REVOLUTIONIZE lives like mine for God's RENOWN!

No comments: