Thursday, January 15, 2009

funny (to me) church sign

So, I'm driving home about 5 minutes ago from a LONG day of work. Just left a great student ministry meeting with some great leaders.
Good stuff happening today & I LOVE my job, but I am TIRED physically. Really tired.

But then I saw something that made me laugh as I pulled into my neighborhood & I'm hoping it will make you laugh too. It kind of made my night. (Well, it at least made this portion of my night between my drive home and the time my wife gets home any second now...)

here you go...
This church is at the corner of my neighborhood, so I pass it every single day leaving and coming home from work. I have seen a lot of funny church signs in the past... in books and in emails and on Jay Leno's segment where people mail stuff in... but not usually in real life.

I PROMISE you I just snapped this pic today in my neighborhood on my way home. It's one block from my house so I just stopped in the street and took the pic. Today is January 15th. I'm pretty sure this coming Sunday (which is what most churches usually advertise for on their signs) will be 4 Sundays since Christmas Eve! So, that's laugh out loud funny to me that they're still advertising for their Christmas Eve service at 4pm.

I thought of a few reasons why...
- Their Christmas Eve service a few weeks ago was such a hit that they have to start advertising now to sell tix for next year.
- The church was robbed and those are the only letters they have left for the sign and they just haven't figured out anything else to make them spell.
- They are REALLY behind or REALLY confused.

No comments: