Thursday, January 8, 2009

RENOWN - the 200th post!

WOW! I can't believe its already my 200th post! It seems like just a few weeks ago I was writing my 100th post. you can read my 100th HERE. That post seemed like MUCH MORE of a milestone than this one. Maybe it's kind of like your 1st wedding anniversary vs. your 2nd one? or maybe not? 100 just seemed like a big deal, but 200... not so much. It does come right after renown's 1 year anniversary.
I did get to 200 WAY faster than it took for the 100th post on renown to roll off the press. The 100th post hit on July 25th. This 200th post is January 8th. It took me almost 7 months to get to the 100th post, but just over 5 months to get to this 200th post. So, obviously it looks like I'm writing more frequently now.
*That's a trend I hope to continue. I don't know if I'm supposed to let this kind of secret out or not (I never took a class in blog etiquette), but I've already got roughly 40 posts in the works for the next few weeks on renown. I'd really like to be more disciplined at putting my thoughts on here -> to be helpful to me + hopefully helpful to someone else. I was going to give you a sneak peek at what's coming, but I just changed my mind 3 seconds ago. You'll have to check back and read for yourself.

But, it is fun for me to look back over the past year... the 1st year of renown... to see what jumps out at me from the past year of my life. I'll link my favs below, so in case you missed them you can check them out now. I guess this is kind of like "08 in Review":

the american dream = 1 of my personal favs & you even get to sing along!!!
my wife and life = of course. my 2nd ever. "happy wife, happy life."
feeding Jesus and orphans = they are 1 and the same...
Ridge went Kinetic = pimp story of how the Church acted like the Church
quotes of the week = the 1st ever in my ongoing "quotes of the week" series
all about the kingdom (+ shot glasses) = the 1st in the series that continued the whole year highlighting what God is up to through different churches & ministries here in Charlotte
piper is my homeboy = tribute to a man who shaped my faith
WOW! - family birthday celebration = you should have been there
"are you guys in a rock band?" = apparently a very popular question for our church staff!
ADVENT CONSPIRACY = an AWESOME xmas tradition we should all get into
best Christmas EVER! = because of advent conspiracy
... & last but not least -> the sun & wind made a bet. maybe we should too = by far the most commented on (33) and controversial of any post I've written thus far! Discussion of styles of how church gatherings can reach unbelievers.

let me know which of those you were diggin' especially.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diggin' bigtime on the Kinetic deal. So many people have the wrong impression of the Church today. It was really cool to see our church be the CHURCH! Congrats on the 200th blog - maybe I'll get to 10 someday soon...